Do You Sew?
Three Rivers and Fremont Area United Way are looking for sewers willing to create masks and gowns for essential staff in our community. If you have spare time and know how to sew, what better way to boost your creativity then by helping the community.
Want to help but don't know what help is needed?
Area Healthcare Workers Need:
- Isolation gowns, bouffant scrub hats, pillowcases, blankets, N95 masks, ear guards, goggles and 3D-printed masks. Contact Jacki at (402) 721-4157 for more information.
- Find sewing templates on Facebook at Fremont Volunteer Connection or contact Jacki at (402) 721-4157 or email Jacki@fremontunitedway.org.
Fremont Health Foundation Needs:
- Cash donations to purchase iPads to be used for mental tele-health services, for new moms to connect with other children and family members at home, for end-of-life family facetime, and for seniors to connect with loved ones who can't visit due to COVID-19. Contact Shawn at (402) 727-3566 or Shawn.Shanahan@nmhs.org for more information.
Area Nursing Care Facilities Need:
- Enrichment aids for residents, like Dot-to-Dot books, word search puzzle books, commercially prepared snacks, and friendly notes to bright their day. Contact Jacki at (402) 721-4157 for more information.
The American Red Cross Needs:
- Blood and platelet donations and volunteers. The ARC has implemented enhanced blood donation protocols, to ensure blood donor safety, and needs volunteer Blood Donor Screeners to support these new protocols. These volunteers will help pre-screen donors entering drives or donation centers. Call (402) 803-8430 for more information.
Food Pantry Delivery:
- Area food box providers need help from time to time delivering food to area residents who cannot access providers. If you are willing to donate your time and travel expense to make deliveries, please call (402) 721-4157 or email Jacki@fremontunitedway.org